Monday, July 16, 2012

Quilt Club Blocks for July

 July is the actual Anniversary month for my quilt club, so we are doing some charitable sewing as well as our normal show and tell luncheon.

A few months back Darlene brought this quilt to share with everyone. 
 (Darlene is the mastermind behind this and this.)  

 
We decided to finish it up (along with a few others) and donate it to our Church's Humanitarian Aid Project.  This year alone, our little town has pledged to make 100 quilts for this particular organization.  Isn't that cool?  A lofty goal, but I think we are well on our way!!   

 Since it's Darlene's month as hostess, she also gets her quilt blocks.  
She, like me, asked for red and white.


 I am giving her my tester block from a few months ago.
Since I will most likely be using white sashing in my quilt, I decided I needed to remake my block using red as the background with white geese.  And since the ladies tend to use darker sashings in their quilts the white background will "pop" nicely in her quilt.


For my second block I went with an "Emily" Block.  
Plain, straightforward with my favorite 2.5" squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...