Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Boys at Play Patchwork

Can you ever go wrong with simple patchwork?  I think not.  


I bought some FQ's of Children at Play last year with no real plan in mind.  They got cut into charm squares where they languished for the better part of the year.  As part of my "finish what you start" plan, I'm happy to report that those charms are now a cute little (finished!!) quilt.

I have to say that primary colors never get old with me.  These fabrics have a sort of Nautical/Americana feel to me as well.  Awesome!

I added some classic pieces; ginghams, polka dots, and plaids to give it variety.  You know I can't just go with a line of fabric and be done with it?!!


The back is a reclaimed sheet in yellow gingham.  I had Lynn do some orange peel quilting on it.  It really shows up nicely on the back.  I haven't washed it yet, but I'm sure it will be super snuggly after a spin thru the wash.


Finished quilt measures 40" by 50".

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! It looks very classic. I love seeing your progress on finish what you start. I have been doing the same my list was quite long. Two down I have no idea how many to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of primary colors too...and then scrappy on top of that. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...