Monday, January 23, 2012

A Finished Challenge Quilt {Pinkalicious}

I finished up the first of my quilt club challenges over the holidays.  And just like that, it has already  been claimed by my 5yr old.  She is a lover of all things pink so when she caught a glimpse of it during construction she attached herself to it real quick.  That was fine by me as I had no real plans for it other than completion.

When I was laying the quilt out for a little picture taking she asked, "Can (my friend) and I lay on it while you take pictures?"  I thought, why not?!  So, they promptly got a book and started reading to each other without a care for what I was trying to do.  
Isn't being 5 grand?!


For the back I just pieced together some large pink leftovers from my sheet collection.  

Quilting Detail
And the quilting...  I had no plan so I told my quilter she could do whatever.
Hearts on pink -- How could the girl not love it?


 For the time being it is residing on her bed...
And she couldn't be happier to be surround by all that pink!

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Did you quilt it? I really like the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    And I see that she loves her tutu and leotard.
    Very sweet pic with those 2 reading to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous quilt. I can see why the girls want to use it--they make us feel loved. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is very beautiful. You did a fantastic job. How do you have time to make all of those quilts? Do you ever get tired of cutting out little squares? -Tonya PS Are you so surprised I am actually reading your blog about sewing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You must have know that she'd claim it for her own, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky little girl to be surrounded by all that pink sewn up with her Mama's love...great finish! Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...