Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Aloha Baby


Here's a little baby quilt I made for my husband's nephew and his wife who are expecting baby #2.  They graduated from BYU-Hawaii in the spring, so their baby (a girl) is a real Hawaiian baby.  (My 10yr old was SO jealous that they were living in Hawaii!!)  Luckily I still had a stack of leftovers from her quilt that I was able to use.  Hope they appreciate the literal Hawaii reference. 


For the back I opted for coordinating solids.
The cross-hatch quilting shows up well on this side of the quilt.  I know that this type of quilting is super simple (does simple = boring?), but I love how soft it makes the finished quilt.
I guess I'm a girl who likes less quilting.

It finishes at appox. 40"by 50"

2 comments:

  1. So pretty and cheery.
    I am really loving scrappy quilts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your baby quilt. I've made similar 'Hawaiian quilts' you may be interested in seeing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...