Friday, July 13, 2012

Baby Blues (and Greens)

Another one of the five baby quilts I've finished recently.

 
 This one came about when I was trying to empty my string bin without wanting to make any more string blocks.  


I was also trying to figure out a pattern I had seen without having to actually buy it.  I'll just say that while I love the end result, I completely got it wrong in regards to copying the design.  
(So I won't insult the designer by linking to the original idea. :)

 I enjoyed working with a limited color palette.  This color combo is my current favorite. (Remember this pillow I made last winter?)  I'm liking the addition of the navy in this quilt.



Finished Measurements: 44" by 53"
I guess I didn't get a pic of the back anywhere, but I used a print from the DS Quilts line.
Linking up to Fabric Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. I like it.
    Blues and greens are so nice and soothing for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it ....it is your own pattern, that's cool! I always end up revising them to make it my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well done! that's one lucky kid. love the natural feeling FMQ as well

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...