Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blue Linen Dress

Well, I've finally finished some of the dress projects for myself that I've had lingering for some time. For this dress I used Simplicity 3559, view A--using buttons instead of the bow. The only modifications I made were to raise the neckline slightly--about 1 inch. And then as usual for me, since I'm over 6' tall, was to add about 6 inches to the length. My height is in my thighs.

The darts are a little funky on this pattern. However, I do like the way that it ended up fitting. I found some cute flower looking buttons that matched really nice and added just a little extra without being over the top.

I also love using invisible zippers. They really aren't that much harder to put in than a regular zipper. The only thing is you will need a special invisible zipper foot for your machine. If you have the foot, then I suggest you give it a try.

I love the fabric of this dress. Years ago--and I do mean years, I bought a bunch of linen when it was on sale at one of my fabric stores for about $.50/yd. This denim look linen was one of those pieces. I pulled it out for this project and just love how it turned out. And thanks to Leslie's inspiration, I paired it with my favorite red sling backs.


  1. can't wait to make this one...but I've never done an invisible zipper...that may be tricky for me

  2. Like that one, too... When you're not feeling quite so sassy. Like the buttons.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...