Thursday, December 11, 2008

Postmark Disappointment

This year I tried sending my Christmas cards to Frost, MN for a special Holiday postmark as Emily has done in years past. See her post HERE. I chose Frost because it was one of the cities listed on this website that supposedly had some sort of special Holiday postmark.

This is what I got back--nothing special there! I'm sure that no one will even pay attention that our card has been sent from somewhere other than where we actually live. So that makes for a waste of $7 additional postage and handling. I'm bugged!!

I e-mailed the webmaster of that website to inform them of what happened so that they could change the designation on their list. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back from them.

So I guess my caution would be to hope for the best and expect that it may not be exactly what you'd like as you are choosing cities with holiday postmarks.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, that is a B-U-M-M-E-R! I'd be bugged, too. I was just getting around to deciding where I was sending my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere that some of these special postmarks are only available if you come into the post office & do it yourself by hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a little more research and found that Noel, Mo Santa Claus, IN and North Pole, AK are sure bets. The other towns are still iffy until I find out differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still no word back from the webmaster. I did happen to look on the USPS website and they basically had the same towns/cities listed as this Christmas letter website we used. And they also had the same designations as which ones used special holiday postmarks. So who knows what's up...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...