Monday, July 22, 2013

{Vintage Style} Bedroom Redo -- Decorative Pillows

NOTE:
Even though Emily has moved to a new blog, this was left in the draft pile and I decided to go ahead and post it while I am figuring out how to pull the pictures off my new camera.

Awhile back my MIL gave my girls these lovely heart pillows straight out of the 80's.  They loved 'em... me, not so much.  


When we started talking about redecorating, the girls wanted to incorporate the pillows along with everything else we were doing.  I told them the pillows could stay only if I could recover them.  Reluctantly they agreed.  

 To do this, I basically cut the seem open on the pillows, detached the ruffle, and used the old fabric as my pattern.   I even reused the pillow stuffing inside.   Worked perfectly.   

I think they are greatly improved!



This post is part of an ongoing series of posts about my adventures in room redecorating.  Follow along with me as I attempt to transform my girls' room into a vintage inspired beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...