Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Last of the Grandma Quilts

I FINALLY got my Grandma Quilt done over the weekend.  Yea!!
But since we've talked on and on about these quilts over the last year, I can't think of anything more to say about it.  I'll just leave you with a few pics and move on...

 

self-portrait


Quilts #1-3Renae'sSquares 
I thought it would be fun now that the Grandma Project is completely finished to show a collage with all the quilts we made.  Six in total.  All different and unique, but equally cool in their Grandma Awesomeness!  I'm sure (and I think my sisters would agree) that Grandma would be very happy that we recycled her shirts into such beautiful creations!



Details:
Hourglass Inspiration and Tutorial
Backing:  light blue/white striped thrifted sheet from my stash
Linking up to Fabric Tuesday 

13 comments:

  1. All of the grandma quilts are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're just lovely! It's making me tear up a bit, frankly. Great job, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you've done a splendid thing with your Grandma's dresses! They all look really good and I am sure are loved. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I need to give most of the credit to Renae. She sewed 5 while I only sewed 1. :)

      Delete
  4. They all turned out beautiful. My mom loves hers. I'm sure Grandma loves what you did with her shirts. She never threw out anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - they are gorgeous! What a great idea. I loved reading about all of the quilts you made - you are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours turned out really nice. I like the bowties. It still is amazing to me how different they turned out using all the same fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty! What a beautiful way to honor your grandma. Will they go to her grandkids or great-grandkids? Such a treasure......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 went to her daughters, our aunts, and then the other 3 were to grandkids: Me, Emily, and our cousin Doug (since his mother was the one daughter who didn't want one).

      Delete
  8. What a great way to use these pieces of clothing......what good would they have done otherwise? Now they are great keepsakes!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. The grandma quilts are so darling and special. I love them as a collection

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...