Voila!! the "Loaves and Fishes" quilt.
- Finished measurements approx. 48" by 66"
- Cut 3" squares
- Sashed between and outside edges with 3" strips.
- Thrifted multi-striped sheet for the backing
- Cross hatch machine quilting
- Machine binding from thrifted stash
This quilt is going to our cousin Doug, therefore, it needed to be a bit more on the manly side--even though he has 3 girls. So why is Doug getting it? Well, for a couple reasons: first of all his mother was the one aunt who didn't want a quilt (but then said he could have it), also he lived with Grandma for a number of years before he was married, and he is the first born grandson. So I guess that rank does have its privileges.
And really, there is no more fabric to be used....really....there isn't. So don't ask.