Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Color Blocked T-shirt dress

Once again I've had this pattern (McCall's 4510) for awhile--trying to decide exactly how I wanted to make up this dress.  I was leaning towards a black and white version but then I found some thrifted knit sheets--$3 each for full size.  Brown and orange together--got the O.K. vote from my girls--and so I went for it.

And.....if it didn't turn out exactly how I liked then I wouldn't be out much money or effort.



The beauty of this dress--besides being made from t-shirt fabric and super comfy--is that it can be dressed up, like I did for Church with a pretty necklace and heels.  Or it can be dressed down with some sandals and worn on a summer day to the park with the kids  or out running errands.

I'm really happy with it.
The only change I made on it was to NOT put the little back neck loop/slit closure in.  Instead I just bound the neckline like a regular t-shirt and called it goo.

I REALLY wanted these earrings from Forever21 to go with this dress. 










But, alas, the orange ones were sold out.  Wahhh!
I'm still on the hunt for something similar to wear with this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...