Monday, December 26, 2011

My own Grandma Quilt

Our family is heading south this week to Nebraska to visit family.  Can't wait to get out of town.  One of the things I am taking with me to show off is my Grandma quilt.  M.I.N.E.  After all the other quilts I've made using Grandma's shirts (#s 1-3 and # 4), I finally got mine completed and couldn't be happier. 


Based on this style, I put those HSTs to work and I L.O.V.E. how they turned out.

I sent it to Emily's quilter and she did a beautiful job.  Thank you, Lynn!
It really just makes me so happy. 
Merry Christmas to me.  I wrapped it up and put it under the tree, even though everyone in my family had already seen it.


Details:
  • Finished dimensions 57 inches by 67 inches.
  • Cut 1 1/2" strips of red/blue floral for inner border
  • Cut 2" strips of white for outer border
  • Thrifted striped chambray sheet for backing (about $3)
  • Binding made from the red/blue floral fabric Grandma had in her sewing room--the consensus is we think she had plans for it to make a new apron.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Renae! Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is amazing. I love that you made it for you. Grandma would approve.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...