Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chevron Craziness

Just a couple chevron items that I've put together lately.

A pair of pillows for the couch that I have yet to make a new grey slipcover for.
Therefore they look horrid with this current fabric.

 Some denim piping, cut on the bias, and brushed denim on the back.
 I just put a concealed zipper on the backside of the pillow.
And didn't care what color the zipper was and used what I had.

And a trio of skirts for me and my 2 older daughters.

Black and white for me.


Which, I've already wore mine once. 
I'm not sure I love this particular top with the skirt, but I definitely love the color with it.


Red and black for daughter #1


Blue stripes with a bit of purple and white for daughter #2

Using interlock on this blue skirt allowed the skirt to hold its shape more than the jersey used on the other 2 skirts.  Either way, we are all happy with our skirts.

NOTES:
This is the comfiest skirt ever.
I used the same pattern for all 3 skirts.
Pattern Kwik Sew 3672

The waistband is a band of knit, no elastic, and you can hardly tell you have it on.
We did, however, have to take the waistband in more than the pattern indicated so that it wouldn't fall off your body.  Not sure if it was the fabric, or the pattern.  Daughter #1 tested hers by jumping up and down to make sure it wouldn't slide down off her hips.  It passed the test.
And we lengthened the pattern for each of us--at least 6 inches--so that it would come to the knee.

3 comments:

  1. Chevrons are definitely all the rage right now. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and bright. They look "happy" and vibrant and would make the person wearing them feel the same way I would think. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renae, how fashionable. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...