Thursday, October 6, 2011

Someone please save me from myself!

While in the throngs of my latest scrap quilt I got a wild hair and decided to do some organizing of my stash.  I don't have a huge stash by any means, but at times it feels large and overwhelming.  Mostly though, I needed to go through it, use up pieces I've had for awhile, cut up small/irregular pieces into usable sizes, and give away anything I don't intend to use.  It made for a royal mess in my sewing room, but in the end I am so happy I did it.  It should be an annual event I think...Kind of like purging your wardrobe. 

Here's what I did:   I started by cutting 5" charm squares, then I cut 2.5" squares, and then finally if there was anything left after that I cut it into string pieces.  I know that may sound crazy to some of you, but I really love having organized scraps.  It makes future projects so much easier when everything is pre-cut.

But the bad thing that came out of all that cutting/organizing, was that I decided on no less than 2 new quilts for myself.  Seriously, have you seen my current WIP list on the sidebar?  I do NOT need any or more new projects!


I'm thinking this charm square stack will be turned into a warm/cool quilt
This one is my favorite so far.
(Does anyone else notice my lack of yellows and purples?  Didn't know I was deficient in those colors...)


My overflowing string bin. 
I'm definitely NOT doing another one of these anytime soon, but I'd like to turn them into something pretty.  Maybe something like this or this.


Finally, my 2.5 inch squares.  I used most of them up to finish my scrap-tastic quilt, but there are still some stragglers left.  Can't believe I'm saying this, but I've started another 9 patch with them.

So many ideas, so little time...
Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

Yours Truly, 
Emily the Scrap Hoarder

P.S.  Anyone else as excited as I am for the this book to be released?!  I think it could be the answer to my problem! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...