Thursday, July 14, 2011

Odds and Ends

I feel as though the last couple of weeks have been a blur.  We've been busy, but I can't remember exactly what we've been doing.  Do you ever have those kinds of weeks?  There's been lots of sewing going on, lots of kids hanging around, lots of family fun, lots, lots, lots...

I have some sewing deadlines that I am plowing through right now.  To be honest, I really don't enjoy deadlines all that much.  Makes me stressed.  But, regardless, I sew on.  

Here are a few things I've been working on:

 
This is the beginnings of a Wedding Quilt for Ashley and Dan.  Ashley was one of the kids I taught in Sunday School/YW way back when.  Now she is all grown up and in love. xoxo  Her wedding is on the 29th so I  am busting my buns to get it done it time.  Cross your fingers!

This is a little mini/doll blanket made by my cousin and her daughter.  I did a simple meandering on it since she isn't confident in her quilting abilities yet.

This is a huge pile of denim (I guess you can't really tell how huge it is...) that is now torn up and organized.  My husband is especially hard on jeans so I always have huge stacks of ripped jeans waiting to be recycled.  So many pairs that I recently gave an entire 20 gal bin to my quilt ladies and still had this stack left in my closet.  Now that they are disassembled I can think about making more of these again.


Finally, I helped our favorite babysitter with a t-shirt quilt.  She is purging her room in anticipation of leaving for college in a few weeks.  I think it turned out so darn cute!  Kinda makes me wish I'd kept all my HS stuff back in the day.  Oh well.  


1 comment:

  1. B's HS colors are great! I want to see the whole thing.

    Also love that wedding quilt. I am still trying to decide on a design for my grandma shirts quilts. That design interests me. But I probably wouldn't have enough fabric for it since we're about down to scraps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...