Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've been making significant progress on my pile of unfinished projects thanks to my long arm quilter.  It's amazing how fast a quilt comes together when someone else does the dirty work. :)  So far she's helped me finish 5 quilts!!  My stress level is dropping with each project.

My pile is still too big, so I'll continue to plow through.

Starts:

This Vintage Sheet top was started and almost finished over the weekend.  It's turning out just as I had hoped! It's for someone special and a huge milestone they will be experiencing. I'll tell you who the lucky recipient is after it's gifted.

Also started the jumbo task of cutting up my BIL's 50 Harley T-shirts for two twin size quilts.  It's going to be a big project that will take some time to finish.

WIP's:

--Working on the binding to a Sherbet Pips baby quilt.
--Found a vintage sheet for $2.65 to back my star quilt. I'm not sure I love it, but it will work.


Here is a little something on the design wall by my 9yr old.  She pulled out my 2.5 inch stash over the weekend so she could make a doll quilt for a friend.  I don't know if she'll actually sew it up, but I find it fascinating to see design thru the eyes of children. 

No Progress:
String Quilt--Can't decide on a backing and it's making me a little crazy.
Grandma's Shirts

Finishes:
Star Wars Solid--I couldn't get any good photos this week so it will be revealed soon!


And finally, our parents are coming out in less than 3 weeks for a visit!  In my opinion it's been way too long since they've been here!  Can't wait...

Happy  Sewing!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. The vintage sheet quilt looks great, I love it. And your daughter's little quilt is wonderful! She's got an eye for it already. : )

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the vintage sheet in progress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...