Friday, March 25, 2011

Nancy's Easter Bags



These cute Easter bags were made by our cake decorating cousin, Nancy, for her 2 little ones. Aren't they darling!

Here's what she said about them:
These were so easy. I just used a large piece of wool felt and a few different colors of ric rac and bias tape. Then I made the handle out of ribbon and sewed a button onto my son's bag. Added a bow to my daughter's bag and there you go! I hope they are fun for the kids and get used for a few years.

Originally I found these bags at Purl Bee; however, I made my bags bigger than they did. They measure 8.5" (plus 1" for the top hem) x 12.5" (plus the 1/2" seam allowance on the sides) and the handle is about 16" long. After sewing on the bias tape and ric rac, and sewing up the sides of the bag, I squared the bottom of the bag so the eggs fit more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...