Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bee Vintage Block for January {Dresden Plate}

Somehow I got way behind on my bee blocks.  I'm playing catch up this week... 
This lovely is for Joyzelle.

 

I've been a bit intimidated by the Dresden Plate.  I'm sure it had a lot to do with applique, but this would be the reason I joined a bee, so I would be forced to do things out of my comfort zone.


My initial attempt had my circle laying flat along the outside (pointed) edge but not on the inside.  Curses!!  After some thought I figured out that all I needed to do was take in the seams thismuch and all was well.


I am very happy with how it turned out.  It will make a beautiful quilt, don't you think?!  I can definitely see more Dresden's in my future.  A whole quilt? maybe not...but a pillow? Certainly!

Dresden Plate Block Directions Here.

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty colors in that block. I think it would make a great pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! It looks great in the vintage linens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics. Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...