My first finish of the year.
For a little boy that will be receiving it through Margaret's Hope Chest's 'Wrapped in Hope' program.
It came together really fast.
The thing I like about the pattern is that you can make a big statement with minimal amounts of fabric. I used a few leftovers from my son's quilt and 2 yards of Kona marine blue and Voila!
For the back I used a thrifted sheet.
I tried to machine stitch the binding...
And was sorely disappointed in my attempt.
Yet there was no time to unpick before it needed to be sent off. Too bad!
If I ever attempt to machine another binding I will definitely have to rethink my method.
For now, I'll stick to hand stitching.