Recently she informed me that she didn't have any long pants for school. Yeah, it has been a rough couple months around here. I had bought her shorts for gym class--first year of middle school and all, but they were a bit big in the waist. I knew that I wouldn't be able to buy her pants that were long enough but skinny enough to fit her body. So I pulled a couple pieces of denim and chambray that I could find and cut out 4 pairs of pants. I then tried to make them all a little bit different from each other so that people wouldn't think she was wearing the same pair of pants over and over and over and over again.
On the dark denim I asked her if I could do a little embroidery design.
I only did it on one leg because I didn't think I could duplicate it well enough on the second leg. And really I was just winging it on the design and idea. Maybe if I had a white washable fabric marker/pencil I could outline it and do it but she was fine with just one leg fancied up.
- Thrifted fabric--about $3 for 3 yds. or more. I got 2 pairs of pants out of the dark denim and 2 pants and a skirt out of the chambray piece.
- McCalls 5135 and lengthened the pants a bunch. The pattern is out of print.
- Used heavy thread (I think quilting thread) for the dandelion detailing. I had practiced with regular thread and didn't think it stood out enough.