Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Winter Wreath Update

I need change...more than my family does, but I like a little bit of change every now and again.


Last year at the thrift store I found this wreath for less than $3 and it worked great on the outside by my front door. As I was browsing the web the other day I found this pretty wreath.  Instead of making a completely new wreath we just added some birds, a nest that someone had given my daughter from something or other, and some eggs to last year's wreath.  Changed the look completely and daughter #3 is so happy.  She loves birds.
I'm happy I only spent less than $2 to change it up.

Details:
  • Pair of cardinals for $1 at the Dollar Store. (wired onto the wreath)
  • Sculpey clay from Michael's to make the eggs. (used a 50% off coupon = $.79). (Hot glued to the nest which is wired onto the wreath.)
  • Paint from the stash.
And one more little update to my home.
A little wreath I made for my front entry mirror for around $6.
Bought the "glass" balls from the dollar store and strung them onto a wire frame 
and then added a little gold lame ribbon for hanging.  So happy with this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...