This year I am little more inspired for the two elementary teachers. I've been perusing some canning books from my local library to get a feel for anything new I might want to try. Found a fun book from BH&G called Can It!. I decided to try the recipe for Lemon-Honey Jelly. I am a huge honey fan, especially on homemade bread. So I thought the combo of these 2 would be so yummy and fun to give to the teachers for a little Christmas gift.
Some other recipes from this book that I want to try are:
- Tangerine Marmalade, pg. 77
- Lime-Kiwi Freezer Jam, pg. 123 (already made this and it is FABULOUS!)
- Spiced Peaches (next summer), pg. 141
- Farmer's Market Corn Salsa, pg. 159
- I used a zester instead of a vegetable peeler to remove the peel.
- Scooped out the cooked zest and foam with a mesh colander instead of a spoon since the zest was so tiny.
- I was able to can 6 half-pints and not 5.
- And after licking the spoon when I was all done I am REALLY looking forward to eating some of this myself with homemade bread. It is delicious! The recipe says to wait 2 weeks before eating to let it set up good.