However, when little Mr. C. decided to be Batman I kind of decided that it would be fun if someone was Robin. And daughter #2 (who is 13 and C. is 6) jumped all over that. Really?! O.K.... And then when I realized that I had all the colors and fabric I needed already in my stash that made me even more excited. 'Cuz I really am trying to reduce the amount of fabric I have. Hubby isn't convinced, but really I am trying. Trying being the operative word.
So here is what we came up with.
This is old school Robin--circa 1966.
Details for Robin:
- Basic t-shirt pattern--red body and green sleeves. Finish neckline with neckband.
- Copied Robin emblem from here and made from t-shirt fabric and WonderUnder.
- Black oval is about 3.75 inches wide and 2 inches wide. "R" is about 3 1/2 inches tall.
- Green leggings pattern combo of McCall's 6360 and 6173 (only because I didn't have the right size in one and did in the other).
- Black swim shorts that we already had for the bottoms.
- Cape pattern based off of Butterick 4319 (just added a collar). Closes with just a hook and eye. You could use ribbon if you preferred.
- Mask template from here.
Linked up HERE