Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Skirt

I have this friend, Esther, who lots of times during the summer will wear these cute skirts to the park or other similar activity. She looks cute and comfy and I decided that I wanted to give it a try too. I finished one of the skirt patterns I had and wore it all day today and it was pretty nice. I felt like I was put together and could still enjoy being outside hanging with the kids.

Butterick 4137--view B
I'm sorry that I keep posting about discontinued patterns. I really didn't think that I had this pattern that long--this is the first time I've made it--but apparently it too has been in the stash awhile.

This skirt I made out of some linen that I had in the stash--and it hardly wrinkles. YEAH for that!! This pattern also comes with some really cute shorts, and capris. I think that I am going to make a pair of those too. I wanted to first make a skirt to see if I liked it before moving on to pants.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a really nice skirt! You look great!
    The pants you can make from the pattern are really cute too.. Nice pockets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very green at your place. I love the pockets! I'm into pockets big time these days and am working on a dress with pockets. I Love this post because I just made a couple skirts yesterday (no one to take my pic today) for the same reason....wanting to look cute, but be comfy and cool this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for skirts! I like them too. even for just at home, they make me feel less frumpy. and that's a good thing. :) your skirt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of my friends wear skirts also. Your skirt is nice and looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...