Thursday, April 30, 2015

First things first

While there are plenty of things I am excited about with this new house, the current paint colors are not one of them. #downwithbrown  Seriously, except for the master bedroom and bath, EVERY room in this house, on every level, is brown.  Brown.  Not tan or beige, BROWN.  Actually 3 different shades of brown. Slowly but surely I'll be working to change that.

But first things first.
I AM happy about having a white house, however, the front door wasn't that inviting.
It was just plain blah!
When we painted the front door on our previous house it made a huge difference to the feel of the house.
So painting the front door on this new house was one of my first priorities.

I don't think it had ever been changed from the original primed or whatever color.  The trim had been painted white and I did decide to leave that. But I wanted something fun and happy and welcoming. And I wanted it soon, even though there is still so much to do.



It was a toss up between a green or orange or blue.
Turquoise won out in the end.



Ignore the mess behind it and just notice the pretty door.
That mess is mostly gone now, but I wanted to paint and "accomplish" something while in the throes of unpacking and sorting things.

I LOVE this color and when, or if, we get tired of it we can just paint it again. Super easy!



Doesn't this look much more inviting?

Details:
  • Front door paint Glidden Exterior in Blue Sapphire--2 coats

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...