Friday, May 9, 2014

Prom preview

Well, it is that time of year again.

Prom

L. did not go to her school Prom last weekend, even though she is a senior. Earlier in the year her friends talked her into going their school's girls' choice dance, even though she didn't want to, and she hated it.  The music and the dancing disgusted her and they all actually left the dance early and did something else.  She informed me she isn't making the same mistake again---at a higher ticket price.  We are making this dress for the second annual Mormon Prom instead, which is tomorrow night.

I talked L. into this dress.
Butterick 5850.

B5850

And the color.
RED.

At 6' tall she can rock just about anything.  However, she isn't real fancy in her tastes.  She is definitely more about comfort.  But I felt like she would look great in this dress.  Over the past couple months I've talked her into a couple other styles she wasn't sure about and they were a hit.  So my track record is looking good.  As we've been fitting the bodice this week she has gotten more excited about it.  We have added short sleeves and she will have a contrasting black bow.  Can't wait!

I'll post pics of her next week after it is all said and done.

I've also shortened hems on 2 other girls' dresses for last weekend's Prom and am making a modified tank top/camisole for another girl to wear under this dress.



She wanted to be able to wear a non strapless bra with this dress.  I have to say I just love this dress.  The skirt is amazing and the lace is so pretty.

Sorry I haven't posted a ton.  I am up to my eyeballs in moving mayhem, but luckily I can get a little sewing therapy in today and tomorrow.

Off to finish a dress.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...