Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Finds--Kwik Sew patterns purchase

Haven't posted a Friday Finds in quite some time.  Not that I haven't been scoping out the thrift store, but I just haven't posted about anything that I've come across.

Earlier this week I stopped by my favorite fabric store that is still in the process of going out of business.  I found some orange poly-knit that will match perfectly with a skirt that I made a long while ago, but haven't had anything other than a white tee to wear with it.

I also bought some Kwik Sew patterns for $3.60 apiece.  We all know they never go on sale more than half off so this was a nice deal.

Here's what I bought.

Kwik Sew 3633 Color blocked dress.
K3633
























I could've just winged it to make this style, but I bought it in a moment of laziness of the brain.
I will probably make it exactly as is---white, pink, black.  I already have all those colors of knit.

Kwik Sew 3338--good basic t-shirt pattern.  I already have some patterns, but Kwik Sew seems to fit better than some of the other pattern companies I've bought from.

Kwik Sew 3489--good basic knit wrap dress.  Think Diane von Furstenberg style wrap dress.
K3489

Kwik Sew 3341--skirted tennis shorts.  I will end up using this as a basis for making skirted swim bottoms for me.
K3341

And finally, the craziest purchase I've made in awhile.
Kwik Sew 2881--men's swim bottoms
K2881
I've never made men's or boys' swimsuits.  You can buy them for so cheap it isn't worth the effort. However, our oldest son (12 yr. old) swam for the HS swim team this year and had a fabulous time.  They wear the swim jammers (black shorts above) all the time.  Those are not cheap--on sale maybe $25 if you're lucky. And then on Fridays....get ready for this---it's Speedo Friday.  My older 2 daughters just cringe at that thought but my son was so unhappy that he didn't have a Speedo to wear on Friday at practices.

Now we are all ready for next year.  I don't want to make them yet as he is growing like crazy, but he already has some swim fabric picked out from my stash for his Speedos---including a camo print and a gold sparkly piece so he can match the older guys who have their golden Speedos.

I just have to say that teenage boys are so different from teenage girls.
It has been awhile.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking high and low for that Kwik Sew pattern 2881. Is there any possibility that I could buy that pattern from you?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...