Monday, March 17, 2014

Bring on the Ombre

Two of my three daughters are ALL about comfort first when it comes to their clothing.  If it doesn't feel right then forget how cute it is because it won't be happening.

My youngest always wants to "see" the fabric, which actually means she wants to touch and feel it first before she decides if she will wear it.



Recently I made her a fun ombre t-shirt dress for Spring and Summer.  She is getting taller and a good portion of the clothes we held onto from last year for this year will be heading to the giveaway pile because they are too short.

She informed me exactly how she wanted this dress.
White on top
Light blue in the middle
Dark blue on the bottom

Luckily I had all those pieces of knit in my stash.



Used pattern McCall's M6276--which is crazily already out of print.  I swear I just bought this pattern last year. I cut and determined the widths of each section.  You can do this with any good t-shirt pattern and adjust accordingly.

I am in the process of making a color blocked t-shirt dress for me.  Got sidelined a little in that process by house stuff over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Miss B. You could easily use a store bought t-shirt for the top and have this done in about 30 min! Easy and super cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...