About the only thing I can be thankful for is that in other parts of the state they already received 13 inches of snow in the last 2 days. Are you kidding me!! I just want to scream. I shouldn't be wearing gloves and boots to do my errands in May.
O.K. back to the schedule....
I haven't done a Friday Finds in awhile so I thought I'd show a few things that I've acquired over the past weeks...or months. It has been awhile.
- 2 yds. of white and royal blue striped knit for $1.99. I made a maxi skirt for daughter #1 out of this. The stripes are super wide on this piece---7 inches. We used pattern McCall's 6654 for a regular slightly flared maxi. Inspired by this pin.
- 1+ yds.of green and blue floral cotton print for $.99. As I'm looking at this up close this isn't really floral but more four leaf clover-ish. Hope daughter #1 doesn't mind. I still think it will be a cute skirt.
- Some baskets for my master bath to use on some shelves that I have't yet put up. 2 rectangle and 3 square for under $6 total. I'll already spray painted them white so everything will coordinate better. And the pink check liners will be thrown out and replaced with nothing, or something better fabric.
- About 9 yds of royal blue swimwear/dancewear fabric for $7.50 for the entire bolt. There is a flaw on one selvage edge that appears to be thru the entire bolt, but that is still a lot of fabric and I can work around it. Daughters #1 and #3 will be in blue heaven. I plan to make some swim team practice suits for my girls for the upcoming swim season. Last year's suits probably need to be retired--a little too much thinning on the backside if you know what I mean.
- 6+ yds. of turquoise stretch lace fabric for $3!!! WooHoo?! Daughter #1 will probably get a dress out of it--something pretty and flared at the bottom. I plan on keeping the rest myself.
- 5+ yds. of navy fleece for $2.25. I plan on making fleece long johns or sweats for the hunting/scouting crew.
- Nine 1 - 2 yd. pieces of Michael Miller and Moda fabrics in various colors for $11.22.
- 23 Marcus Brothers Civil War Collection fat quarters for $7.49 = $.33 per fat quarter. I am thinking of using these to make either the Sunday Morning (low volume quilt) from Sunday Morning Quilts or the Candy Coated quilt.
- 3 stacks of charm squares and a couple additional fat quarters for $11.22. It appears 2 of the stacks are the same or possibly different colorway of the same. I think this is actually the equivalent of 6 charm packs. The 2 sets will make a fun Fall quilt. The other group something for Valentine's season.
- 3 yds. of stretch denim for $3. I had bought 2 other pieces at my favorite fabric store for $3/yd. So this will give us a nice amount to make shorts, or capris, or a jean skirt.
Wow, it appears I've gone a bit crazy on the fabric shopping. Haven't done that in a long time. Maybe this out of season Winter weather is throwing me off. Anything to cheer me up....pretty fabric anyone!?