I decided to cut into the Civil War print fabric stack of fat quarters that I found at the thrift store and see if I would like it for the Candy Coated quilt pattern from the book Sunday Morning Quilts.
I may not quite have enough to do the quilt exactly like the pattern, i.e. I may have to eliminate a row or two, but I'll know better on that front once I get all the pieces cut out. It is going to be close.
For now this is how it is looking after completing the largest width row.
Not my normal choice of fabrics or colors, but overall I think I am going to like the look of this. It is going to have a more manly feel, which is good. Then the boys at my house will have something else to choose from.