Wednesday, April 28, 2010

His + Hers {Part One}

My in-laws celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary on April 1st! I originally wanted to make them a quilt to celebrate, but most of my ideas were not panning out so well. I decided to move away from the anniversary/family ideas and just make them each a nice throw.


You might recognize Hers from the other day.

She really likes pink and blue florals. Her whole house is decorated that way. I'm not sure how she'll feel with the little bits of green and yellow, but I really like it with the addition.

Funny thing is, my 17 year old babysitter and my 17 year old niece both want quilts. Their fabric requests were: pink, blue, yellow, and green old antique/floral prints. The babysitter saw this done and said, "I want a quilt with all these fabrics, too!" (minus one piece she thought was too modern) So, the tastes of a 79 year old woman and two 17 year old girls are the same...

Quilting Detail

Binding Detail

I made a label and had my kids each sign their names. She'll love that part best, I'm sure! It's now boxed up and ready to be sent to her for Mother's Day. I hope she likes it!

I found the backing at JoAnn's. I think it tied all my fabrics together very well.

UPDATED:  His {Part Two} HERE

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe B wants the same quilt. It does look so pretty though. And the quilting looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm supposed to be making an Abe Lincoln costume for my daughter right now, but I've been enchanted by your blog! :) I love everything you have made.

    (I found my way here when I googled butterick 4722.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought that young and old alike would have such similar taste. I guess that traditional/vintage isn't just for old ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt. I love the colors and the prints. I am not a quilter but it looks like it might be simple enough for me. I can sew. Is there a pattern for it?? Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a disappearing nine patch design. If you google it you can find lots of tutorials. And, yes it's easy. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...