Thursday, April 15, 2010

Butterfly Jumpers

Seriously...I've had this fabric for YEARS! I loved it when I bought it, but then couldn't come up with exactly what to do with it. It has a little bit of stretch to it and it is just so fun. We finally figured it out recently and as always the 2 younger girls are thrilled with anything to do with orange and with butterflies.

Bigger girl pattern:
McCall's 5425
(This is actually a woman's pattern. We made a size 6 for my 5'3" 10 yr. old daughter) After wearing the jumper this past Sunday to church M. informed that it was a "little short" for her comfort zone and could I please add an orange band at the bottom. I'll take care of any modesty request that comes my way--so since then we've added about a 3" band of orange along the bottom hem. Still looks cute! And M. is happier about it when she sits down.

Little girl pattern:
Simplicity 5578 (out of print)
(I combined the jumper pieces into one piece for this version.)
1 pkg. of 1/2" double fold bias tape will do the trick on this jumper. I did use larger double fold bias tape on the neck edges, but that is because I was trying to use whatever I had in my stash.Now that M. has a band at the hem of her jumper B. wants a black one on hers. We'll see...

Here is the first version made as the pattern indicated. I did lengthen the last piece about 3 inches or so in order to have it be long of enough for my 6 yr. old.


Nothing like a little winter time Hello Kitty to cool you off for the summer!

2 comments:

  1. I like the one with the big bow. Very project runway-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how that ties with the big bow. cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...