Friday, November 14, 2008

Ruffle Wrap Baby Sweater

I wanted to try knitting something new--so I chose this baby sweater pattern. I happened to see it first in the Knit 'n Style magazine. I have knit a sweater before, but never one for a really little person. So I thought I would give it a try. It was straightforward knitting and purling in a little kimono style.
The yarn I used was Bernat Baby Coordinates in white. It was some yarn that I happened to "save" from one of my local thrift stores. There were 2 skeins for under a dollar apiece and so it was a good deal. I came up with the project idea later.

Here is my finished sweater--I sent it to baby L. for her 1st birthday later in December.



3 comments:

  1. I like your white version better, not so over-the-top with ruffles. Just subtle, pretty, and more dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach version is from the Michael's blog where the pattern is located. Sorry, I only made one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...