Well, last night we did finish L.'s shirt, also Simplicity 3546. It was a collaborative effort on our part. She did the majority of the straight sewing--side seams, shoulder seams, hems, ties--while I did the harder stuff--setting in the sleeves and other gathers, along with the neckline. She did a good job and she is happy to be wearing it today.
Hers didn't have any embellishments on it except for adding some pockets. That is more her style. No elastic in the sleeves and no added anything. We did have to adjust the neck, but I think it is mostly because of the fabric. It is somewhat gauzy and therefore "stretches" somewhat. The neck was a little too open and we pulled it in a bit. She still needs to wear a camisole or something underneath even after having adjusted the neckline. I think the next ones we'll have to raise the neckline somewhat--even though it does just pull over your head.