I should be making for my daughters, but instead I made another little baby swimsuit. As I was going thru the stash of swim fabric I pulled out the "little" pieces that I couldn't really use for my daughters. I had this striped black piece that reminded me of a tuxedo. And thus was born the black tie (O.K. red bowtie) baby suit.
This suit makes me so happy.
- Used 3 pearlized snaps (one side--female end--only) as the "buttons" on the shirt.
Snaps on inside of the swimsuit
- 1 1/4 inch wide ruffle. I ran 2 lines of gather stitches at 1/2" from each cut edge. Then I went back and used these lines as the topstitch lines when attaching to the body of the suit.
- Topstitched with a small zigzag stitch.
- Bowtie is made from a piece of red grosgrain ribbon. Hand sewn on.
- Used my basic baby racerback swimsuit pattern from Kwik Sew 2512 (discontinued).