Friday, January 25, 2013

Looming Deadline = Productivity

I have to confess that I totally spaced the fact that the deadline for this round of the doll quilt swap is mere days away (Feb. 7) until I was perusing the flickr pool and saw that some people had already mailed their quilts off! Ack!  Since I hadn't started (beyond pulling fabrics and ideas) I sort of panicked there for a minute.  

So, last night as my family went off to sleep I sat down to "start" on my quilt, and... well...
I went a little crazy, burned the midnight oil and busted out the whole thing.  Today I'm paying the price for my lack of sleep, but ultimately I am happy to have it done.  Definitely a relief.

Here's what I made:


 I can't reveal too much about my partner, but suffice it to say she likes bright, saturated colors.  I'm guessing this will fit the bill.


I chose to do some mini paper piecing.  These blocks are a tiny 4" finished.
I had a bit of trouble lining up the points with my first couple blocks but after some trial and error was able to get them perfect.   Then it went pretty smoothly.  I am very happy with it!  I hope my partner is, too.  

Now I have to decide on quilting... and fast!
...I'm open to suggestions.

:)
Emily




block instructions found here

5 comments:

  1. That is very colorful and I like it a lot. Such intricate work in 4 in. of space. You are so good. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! I would love that one in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, though I'm not sure I'd want to tackle TINY paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why I ever try and tackle it either...until it's done. Then I love it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...