I have to confess that I totally spaced the fact that the deadline for this round of the doll quilt swap is mere days away (Feb. 7) until I was perusing the flickr pool and saw that some people had already mailed their quilts off! Ack! Since I hadn't started (beyond pulling fabrics and ideas) I sort of panicked there for a minute.
So, last night as my family went off to sleep I sat down to "start" on my quilt, and... well...
I went a little crazy, burned the midnight oil and busted out the whole thing. Today I'm paying the price for my lack of sleep, but ultimately I am happy to have it done. Definitely a relief.
Here's what I made:
I can't reveal too much about my partner, but suffice it to say she likes bright, saturated colors. I'm guessing this will fit the bill.
I chose to do some mini paper piecing. These blocks are a tiny 4" finished.
I had a bit of trouble lining up the points with my first couple blocks but after some trial and error was able to get them perfect. Then it went pretty smoothly. I am very happy with it! I hope my partner is, too.
Now I have to decide on quilting... and fast!
...I'm open to suggestions.
block instructions found here