Friday, June 29, 2012

Dear So and So...

Dear Kona,
The fact that you don't do dye lots for your solids is really irritating me.  Twice I've ran out of a certain color fabric, went and bought more, only to find out that it doesn't match the original piece. I think it's high time you get that figured out.

Dear Spray Starch,
How in the world have I gone so long without you?  I was having issues with a recent block only to find that a little starching did the trick.  Now I want to starch the world over.  You are my new BFF.

Dear Color Catchers,
Like spray starch, I have just recently realized your value.  I have no idea how you work, but whatever the formula, I'm amazed every time.  Thanks for catching all the reds from Travis' quilt.  I'm sure you will come in handy for future projects as well.

Dear Thrift Store Sheets,
I know there are plenty of people who don't appreciate you, but I am not one of them.  You continue to help me save big $$ on quilt backs, as well as provide me with a fun new hobby (hunting for bargains!).  You and I will stay friends as long as you keep giving me beauties.

Dear Warm and White/Natural,
If your prices continue to rise towards the stratosphere, I will have to sell a kidney to afford you.

Dear "Fancy" Electronic Sewing Machine,
Why must you torment me with your fickleness?  Just sew already.

Dear 15 year old Kenmore,
I'm sorry you must work so hard, but your counterpart is giving me fits.  You, on the other hand, are like an old work horse: strong, reliable, and easy to get a long with.  Someday when I am able to afford a shiny new replacement work horse friend you will be able to retire, but until then I am happy you keep persevering.

Dear WIP List,
Consider yourself CONQUERED!  Now I can move on to something new...

Sincerely,
Emily




5 comments:

  1. I buy Warm and White by the roll at JoAnn's when it's on sale. Memorial Day weekend it was on sale for $7.99 a yard (regularly $14.99), plus I got to use my old military ID to get an additional 20% off. That brought the roll from a regular price of $600 (though I think you can get it on JoAnn.com for $500) down to $255. Buying a full roll of 40 yards means I don't really have to buy more than once a year. Even if you don't buy a full roll, just keep your eye peeled for the sale in their flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally second your rant to Kona. And not only are their dye lots not consistent (so how reliable is their swatch card we are paying so much money for!) but I have even noticed they are not consistent in the weave/texture of their fabric! I experienced that when I had to go by more yardage for a project, from the same store, 1 week after I bought the original yardage! And color catchers? Just magic!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Juki,a great work horse machine, no computer to get smarty smarty with me, It sews fast and wild, just the way I love to sew, only neg, is that it only sews straight stitch. I replaced my 25 year old, now broken Kemore with it and I haven't had a minute of regret. I buy warm and natural at Joanne's too. I love vintage soft sheets for backs, not the thin ones, but the well used cotton!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post. Very Creative. I also have just learned the value of spray starch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. You just made me laugh! (And I second Flaun! I buy my Warm and Natural batting at Joanne's only when it's on sale or I have a 50% off coupon, which is actually quite often.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...