Our neighbor, Doug, is getting remarried this summer (his 1st wife passed away 2 years ago) and his new sweetie Carol is cleaning out her stuff before moving into his house. They gave me a couple boxes of fabric. Most of it I then gave to my local thrift store, but lucky for me there was a piece that was just perfect for this blouse--nice hankerchief linen and almost the exact same color salmon as the model is wearing. I made view E (which is what the model is wearing), and added sleeves. I am not a sleeveless gal at all.
I received a number of compliments when I wore this to church, mostly everyone was loving the ruffled neck and bow. For sure that is what I liked about it too.
Besides adding the sleeves the other changes I would do next time is that instead of cutting the back piece in 2 separate pieces I would cut one on the fold. The neck opening is definitely large enough to pull it over and that is essentially what this tops does anyway--so why put in a back seam, buttonloop closure, etc.? Save yourself the steps and just make it one back piece.
Also, it is a looser fitted top, which to me, isn't how it is worn by the model pictured. I ended up taking my top in a bit more on the side seams and could still pull it over my head without any problems. So double check that part before finishing it all up.
I might also eliminate the bust darts--I don't particularly need them myself--and so I think I would just cut the front piece without those. I'll have to make one and report about that to be sure.
I found a prettly little floral piece on clearance for $1.50/yd. to make a skirt to match.I used a pattern I already had, Simplicity 4548--view A, and just stuck elastic in the waistband instead of doing the drawstring. I figured that would be better with the shirt that I'll be wearing with it. I've made this skirt before, but apparently didn't post anything about it. I have 2 that are made out of gauze like fabric that do have the drawstring and I just wear them with a t-shirt to kick around in during the summer.