This was an exercise in doing something out of your comfort zone.
I had a bunch of scraps left over from three different solids quilts that I had made and didn't feel like throwing them out or giving them away. So I thought I would try my hand at some modern solid improv and this is what I ended up with.
- Quilted by Lynn Peterson
- Solids from the Omaha quilt, son #1 quilt, and son #2 quilt.
- Some Kona cottons and then an assortment of scraps from wherever.
- 6 inch white border (I wanted it bigger than it was)
- Backing used a Ralph Lauren chambray sheet.
- Binding is a combo from the scrappy solids also.
- Finished dimensions: 56 inches by 69 inches. The inner improv piece without the border is 45 x 57--definitely not big enough for our tall crew.