Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Names of Christ Ornaments

Last year I made ornaments for my Mom's "Christ"-mas tree which she loved.  I made a couple for me too, but I still need some more before I do a complete Christ centered theme tree.

I had also made some wooden plaque ornaments of Christ's names that apparently I never posted about. Just recently I made another set (28 total) that will eventually be gifted out.





I "distressed" the edges a bit just by using some brown ink and a cottonball to smudge on the edges of the papers before I did the Mod Podge.  I really am happy with the wood grain paper I found in the scrapbook section at Michael's.

In the meantime I've also added some ornaments for my own Christ themed tree.
Besides the Names of Christ plaques I made this year attributes of Christ wooden plaque ornaments.


I added them to our tree this year.
I don't really have a theme going on this year, but felt that I could use the reminders myself of trying to be more Christ-like.


Here's my crafting helper re-drilling out the holes after the Mod Podge.


Details:
  • Original idea from HERE. Scroll way to the bottom of the link for the Names of Christ pdf.
  • Used 5/64 drill bit for the holes in the wood.
  • Darice Black Aluminum 14 gauge wire (or could use 16 gauge).  I bought mine at Jo-Ann's and one roll of  3 yds. allowed me to cut 14 - 9" lengths.  If you didn't want black wire you can find cheaper wire at any home improvement store.
  • I bought my 5 gallon paint sticks at Wal-Mart $.37/ea.  The freebie ones at Home Deport were too narrow for the printout.  You can get 4 plaques from each stick.
  • Matte finish Mod Podge--2 coats on the front only
  • Scrapbook paper in whatever color and style to you prefer.  I did copy some onto a bit more busy looking paper and I felt it distracted from the words and names.

3 comments:

  1. I have loved our Names of Christ ornaments, also! It was a great project meant to be repeated over and over. Perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this idea. I think it's something I could do in my tree as well. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By any chance do you sell sets of the names of christ and attributes of christ ornaments???? Im not crafty at all but would love to have both sets. If that is something you might consider, could you please email me at quailene@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...