More progress on the girls' room.This week it's bedding.
|(Eventually I'll paint that nightstand...)|
I found this yellow gingham bed skirt at one of my local thrift stores for $6. It was a full size so I had to modify it to fit my daughter's twin size bed. It was an afternoon project of unpicking the foot ruffle, shortening up the part that fits in between the mattresses, cutting the extra length off the ruffle, and reattaching. But definitely worth my time.
This beautiful top sheet I got for $4!! The lace was coming off a small section but a quick 5 minute fix and it was as good as new. The fitted sheet I bought for $2. It was super white and spotless. A set of sheets for $6 -- Sweet!!
For the other bed I already had a set of sheets that would work. During all my thrifting I came across a pink gingham king sized sheet for $4 that would work for the dust ruffle. I took the girls' old bed skirt, cut it apart, and made new sides. I was limited a bit by the length of the sheet so I did a pleat in the middle on each side rather than have a barely gathered ruffle. Straight stitching also meant that the whole project took me a short afternoon to complete.
Total: $16 for a set of sheets and 2 dust ruffles.
This post is part of an ongoing series of posts about my adventures in room redecorating. Follow along with me as I attempt to transform my girls' room into a vintage inspired beauty.