Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Fun Facts: What's on your nightstand?

Here's what we're reading...



Leslie:

Honestly, I haven't read a book since Eat, Pray, Love which I thought was super snooze-ville. (Tried to finish it, but just couldn't get interested in her meltdown). I blame my lack of reading on my current life phase of new babies because I used to be an avid reader.

But here is what I want to read and is actually sitting on my nightstand:

The Intentional Family given to me by one of my favorite peeps
Crucial Conversations
It Takes A Mother to Raise A Village borrowed from my sister
Parenting with Love and Logic
The Maker's Diet from my sister in law



Emily:

My husband bought me a Jane Austen collection for Christmas. I am one to start at the beginning of a book and never skip ahead, so since Sense and Sensibility was the first book, that's what I'm reading. But I am anxiously awaiting the finish so I can start Pride and Prejudice ~ One of my favorite movies!

I'm also reading Ella Enchanted with my eight year old.


Renae:

I just finished reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

This is book #2 in The Hunger Games trilogy. This had been sitting by my bed for a week before starting it. I had checked it out from the library and since the request list was a long one for this book I had to hustle up and finish it. I waited a VERY long time to get this book, so I didn't want to drop back down to the bottom of the list. I think I read this in about 3 days time. Now I have to wait until later this summer for the final book to arrive. ARGH!!!

Next I am moving onto The Scarlet Pimpernel--recommended by Annette at her Book Barn Blog.

(Leslie, I just have to add that until maybe a year ago I hadn't read anything fun for myself in I don't know how many years. Seriously, for just the very reason you stated--the raising babies phase of my life.)


Now that you know what we're reading, we want to know what's on your nightstand! Do tell...

8 comments:

  1. Funny enough, the Scarlet Pimpernel. It's my favoritest book of all time! I have read it so many times and it seems to just reside on my bedside table. I'm also reading Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler, and the Firm by John Grisham. I just finished reading Still Life with Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. It was a great read! Have fun with the Scarlet Pimpernel. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading "Secret Daughter" by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. So far, an excellent, compelling read, particularly heart-wrenching for mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies to the kids and I just finished the 3rd book in the Fablehaven series. Now I have to wait for the 4th to come in the mail. It will give me some time to catch up on the laundry.

    I can't wait for Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Catching Fire. It was an incredibly fast read! And I, like everyone else, cant' wait for August.

    Right now I am reading Around the World in Eighty Days. I've never read it before and I'm loving it. With my husband I am reading some Louis L'Amour short stories. To my boys I am reading How to Eat Fried Worms, and to my girls I am reading A Little Princess. Lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. not my nightstand, moreso an entire SHELF... too many. But I DO love the intentional family. Its a FANTASTIC book, Leslie. One of my favorites gave it to me as well. a worthy read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agatha Christie right now, I love mysteries!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading the Birth House by Ami McKay. I favor historical novels and this one takes place in 1917 in Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading Lightning by Dean Koontz. Read it! Loved the Hunger Games & Catching Fire. I need to get back to some Jane Austen, haven't since the teenage years. It's only been in the last 2 year I've gotten back to pleasure reading. Same reasons, raising little kids.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...