Monday, November 14, 2011

Kindergarten Handprint Quilt--Finished

Let me just say that a little OCD can be a beautiful thing.
Remember when I started this quilt back the first part of November for my youngest's kindergarten class?

Here is the finish

Once I got the idea on how to put this quilt all together it just sort of ran away with me and I didn't want to work on any of my other projects.  (And there are plenty of others...)

Thrifted striped sheet for the backing.

On opposing corners I had to make an additional 9 patch because there were only 22 kids. 
C. kept telling me I needed to go get 2 more handprints, but I like how this worked out in the end.

Raided the stash for the binding fabric.
Love how it worked with the fabrics, and there was JUST enough
to piece together so that I didn't have to go buy anything else.

Later this week I'll go take a pic with all the kids and their teacher.

Details:
  • Cut 8" white blocks--22
  • Cut 3" squares for 9 patch blocks---26 blocks total using 236 - 3" squares.
  • 6 blocks across and 8 down.
  • Added 3" cut strips for outside border in marbled blue.
  • Finished dimensions: 50 1/2 by 64 1/2 inches.
Linking up at Quilt Story.

    8 comments:

    1. Very cute--especially the backing. Lucky teacher!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Cute,cute,cute! What a great idea and quilt!

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a wonderful gift for a teacher that works so hard for all her kids! I'm sure she'll love it, such a beautiful quilt.

      ReplyDelete
    4. What a great idea! The teacher will be thrilled!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love this quilt!!!!!!!!!!Nice job too.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I Love LOVE LOVE this idea. I have 6 Grandchildren all ADULTS Now. BUT I HAVE 2-3 Great Grandsons . I will use this to Document each one with a Quilt of their life. I will start when they were born and then thru Milestones of School and Other times. I make it bigger as I go along. Can use Paint Hand Prints on Birthdays, and Photos of H/S Dances etc. or Sports. That will be determined as they happen. Then when Full It can be finished. Grandkids
      for this easy One for that type of project. Their memories that were sometimes forgotten. May also do it of their Parents Growing up.

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...