After finishing version #1 using these fabrics, I still had plenty of fabric to make another little baby quilt. I started it, not knowing who I might be giving it to. While I was working on it, another friend who I hadn't heard from in awhile, sent an email baby announcement. (Yeah, I know, I didn't even know she was pregnant, so it had been awhile.) Well, little Levi, you are the lucky recipient of version #2.
Back side. The finished size is 38" square.
And his big sister April will get a matching dolly quilt too. Thanks, Em, for the great idea. Her quilt's finished size is 22" square. I made two of these, because I had enough fabric leftover, and so one will stay at our house for either play or display. Not sure just yet.
I had to piece one of the doll quilt's binding and I'm not sure if I like it or not. However, by this time I was scraping the bottom of the barrel with my scraps and didn't want to go buy anymore just to finish that little part. I guess it is better to audition it on a little doll quilt, when the little girls won't care one way or the other. It definitely gives it a different look--see the left quilt for a closer inspection.