Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a happy little quilt


This quilt was made for no other reason than  a) I wanted a fast, easy project   b) I got my hands on some Sherbet Pips  c) I needed to finish something from my WIP pile!


You know me and charm squares, I couldn't just do a quilt with them and NOT add something to it.  So this quilt has a little Amy Butler, some Sunkissed gingham, a few coordinating solids, and some other non-designer fabrics from my stash.  For me the best addition is the darker grey solid.

But, my favorite part of the quilt has to be the binding!  
It's Ta Dot by Michael Miller.  If I could get my hands on the whole colorway of this stuff I would!  Anyone have any they want to trade? Anyone, anyone...



I finished it up over the weekend.
Sewing on the binding proved to be the perfect project to keep me awake for the marathon TV watching session with the fam.


Finished Measurements: 44" by 53". 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! It's a darling quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    I need to take a break from swimsuits and do some straight line sewing of a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little quilt, Emily. I've got a few charm packs just waiting to be turned into something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! I am dying for some pips! soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good at quilting! I'm going to start my first one soon so I've been trying to find out different ideas etc. Anyway, do you use a quilting sewing machine or reg?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...