Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Benches for the deck

I've been in the graduation party prep mode for the past week or so.
And what a great excuse to finally get some furniture for the deck.
This will only be our 3rd summer here in this house.
It is about time.

I've been perusing Pinterest for ideas and found a couple that I liked.

This bench is 48 inches wide.

This is a side by side of the 2 different styles of bench that I made.
I actually made the straight bench first and then decided that I wanted one with a backrest.


The straight bench is 54 inches long.

And then I made 2 side tables, just for good measure.

Bring on the grad girl!
She is SO READY to be DONE!
We're ready to party!


Details:
  • Backed bench and table patterns by Jay's Creations
  • I found that I needed to adjust the pocket holes for the backrest slats.  If there is a next time I would cut the pieces to 32 not 31 inches and then make the marks.  At 31 inches the piece didn't reach to the top of the top slat, which is what it showed in the pattern.  If you are not spacing the back slats apart you won't need to adjust anything.
The bottom pocket holes are the original ones.  You can see how close to the edge of the 2 x 4 they were.  By the time you reached the top slat (after spacing them out) there was almost no room to attach it.
  • Straight bench pattern by Ana White-- Providence Bench
  • For 2 of each bench and 2 tables it cost about $100
  • I used green-treated pine 2 x 4s from Menards

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...